Flexible Production-Personal Service
The “bigger is better” motto gets thrown around a lot in the compounding world. But when it comes to quick-turn samples and small batch runs, a mega production facility just won’t cut it. Primex Color, Compounding & Additives’ strategically-scaled production environment solves the size challenge. Our small twin-extruder lines give you quick turnaround on samples and orders as small as 100 pounds. Mid-sized lines run 5,000 pounds and up. And when size really does count, we’re ready with five large lines that run anywhere from 20,000 pounds up to full truckloads all day, every day.
This flexible production capability gets even better when combined with our stock-and-release program. We’ll produce the quantities you want kept on-hand using the most efficient production lines and methods, and we’ll store them in ready-to-ship quantities. Turnaround that requires two to three weeks at most compounders takes less than a week at Primex Color, Compounding & Additives. Who says you can’t be flexible AND fast!
Primex Color, Compounding & Additives is a full-service business partner with plastics manufacturers, converters and processors serving a diverse range of industries including automotive, cosmetics, electronics, medical/pharmaceutical, building/construction, housewares, sporting goods/toys and packaging. Operating 19 advanced production lines in two U.S. facilities, Primex Color, Compounding & Additives offers custom color concentrates and additive masterbatches for all popular resins including PP, PE, PET, PC, PS, ABS, etc. We provide quick-turn, tailored color and compounding solutions – from order to ship in 10 days or less. Drawing on nearly 60 years in business, Primex Color, Compounding & Additives offers:
- Custom compounds and material property enhancements across all resin systems including flame retardants, anti-stats, conductive materials, ESD, anti-block, anti-slip, lubrication, structural, wear-resistant, desiccant, UV stability.
- Specialty color concentrates – ultra-low letdown ratios, dry dispersions, textures, swirls, translucent/opaque properties.
- Faraprene™ performance elastomers. Faraprene is widely regarded as the thermoplastic elastomer of choice for critical applications where quality, consistency and ease of processing are equally important. Faraprene custom compounds range from 15A – 95A, and up to 40D.
- Faralloy™ proprietary compounds. Faralloy custom formulations include flame retardant olefins and styrenics, wear resistant and electro-static compounds and structurally modified resins where additional strength is required.
- Custom tailored stock-and-release options. Primex Color, Compounding & Additivescan floor-stock your order in one of our climate-controlled facilities, saving you time and storage hassles and ensuring your product is ready to ship on-demand, anytime.
- Interact® single-pack masterbatches. For high-volume production with fixed color/enhancement properties throughout the run, Primex Color, Compounding & Additives can deliver substantial cost savings with our Interact single-pack masterbatches. Interact additives are compatible across a wide range of resin systems. Cost reductions of up to 20 percent can be achieved from reduced carrier usage and lower blending, handling and packaging costs.
- 19 advanced production lines featuring single screw, twin screw and continuous feed mixers, including five high-output compounders for TPE/TPV/TPO.
- Materials formulated to optimize your process, whether that’s injection, extrusion, blow or rotational molding.