Are you Motivated? Self-Driven? Passionate about your job? Looking for a career with a solid company? If this sounds like you, please read further!
At Primex Plastics Corporation, we’re a place where you can make an impact. A place focused on the future, that is always looking for new and better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. A place with 55+ year history, a promising future and a competitive spirit.
Our people are the foundation of what makes Primex Plastics Corporation great. We’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the leader in the Plastics Industry. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Primex’s half a century of continued success, and your own.
Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the plastics industry. Primex employs over 1200 employees at 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, and provides custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and a full array of design and fabrication services.
We are seeking a bilingual HR Generalist to coordinate the HR functions at our manufacturing plant in Oakwood, GA. This facility employs approximate 175 employees, on all 3 shifts. This position will, under limited direction, be responsible for coordinating policies and programs including: timekeeping & attendance, payroll, recruiting manufacturing employees, FMLA, Workers’ Comp, employee relations, benefits administration, training, and a variety of employee support services.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record supporting and creating an environment of employee involvement and positive employee relations. The ideal candidate will be a creative, self-directed, team player with excellent organization and communication skills. The majority of this workforce is Spanish speaking, therefore fluency in Spanish, with the ability to translate both verbally and in written form, is required.
What you will do:
• Provide initial direction concerning day to day personnel issues
• Perform employee time and attendance adjustments, enter vacation requests, and compile payroll data from time sheets and other records. Process pay changes, post hours, and process payroll. Manage payroll records and distribute pay stubs.
• Administer company policies to ensure the uniform and equitable treatment of all employees
• Coordinate with staffing agencies for the placement of plant personnel
• Responsible for occasional direct hiring of certain plant staff – quality, maintenance, etc.
• Translate conversations, meetings, and written communications
• Administer and oversee compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act
• Manage Workers’ Compensation Program including claims reporting and management, and return-to-work programs
• Provide exceptional customer service to employees for a variety of support requests
• Administer and oversee plant compensation and performance evaluation program
• Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees
What experience we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field preferred, or related experience will be considered
• SHRM Certification a plus
• Minimum of 5 years experience in HR, preferably in a manufacturing environment, with experience recruiting manufacturing employees
• Bilingual / Fluency in Spanish is required
• Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
• Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience with HRIS systems, and timekeeping / payroll processing
• Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Overall proficiency using a computer, including Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you?
• A comprehensive package including a competitive salary and quarterly gainsharing bonus opportunity
• A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
• 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal/sick time
• A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company match