Position located in Richmond, IN
At Primex Plastics Corporation, we’re a place where you can make an impact. A place focused on the future, that is always looking for new and better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. A place with a 55+ year history, a promising future and a competitive spirit.
Our people are the foundation of what makes Primex Plastics Corporation great. We’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the leader in the extruded Plastics Industry. Join a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment and gain a sense of ownership, building on Primex’s half a century of continued success, and your own.
Sound like a place where you’d like to be? There’s more!
Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the plastics industry. Primex employs over 1200 employees at 8 manufacturing facilities in the US, and provides custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and design and fabrication services for the plastics industry.
We are currently seeking to fill a Lab Technician position at our state-of-the-art John J. Farber Technology & Innovation Center. This position will provide hands-on technical support for all Technology Center activities and is intended to be a training ground to prepare the holder for future possibilities for growth within our organization. The successful candidate will learn about materials and their properties, testing, the extrusion process, secondary processes carried out by our customers, and will develop the soft skills necessary to effectively communicate with our vendors and customers. The exposure provided will help prepare the holder for potential opportunities within the organization, which may include Operations, Quality, Technical Services, Inside Sales, and Outside Sales. We are seeking someone This position may be expected to relocate to another Primex facility as opportunities/needs arise.
• Support Technical Work Requests, including planning and performing necessary tests, evaluating the results and reporting
• Collect data, perform testing and create samples on the lab extrusion lines and other lab equipment
• Analyze defects in customer products using a variety of different methods and laboratory testing equipment
• Perform maintenance and calibration of equipment
• Support internal trials by gathering materials & assisting in the operation of lab equipment
• Support the investigation of returned products
• Prepare and distribute applicable technical reports
• As necessary, provide input and/or interpretations on various projects
• Effectively progress with the applicable internal training program acknowledgment form
• Support method modifications and support the development and validation of new methods
• Follow all ISO/IEC 17025 standard requirements as stated in the TIC Quality Manual
• Support all TIC activities including Design/Development projects and internal quality audits
• Document necessary data relating to materials, product approvals, in-plant trials and laboratory activities
• Maintain inventory and orders raw materials for use within the department
• Any college experience but especially Engineering in both Chemical and Plastics Engineering is a plus
• Current enrollment in a technical/college program of study relevant to this position
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Must be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to multi-task independently
• Previous extrusion process knowledge
• Experience working with customers or suppliers preferred
• Excellent record-keeping skills
• Ability to multi-task, plan, organize and meet schedules and deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and support colleagues
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Collaborative and constructive relationship with customers, manufacturing staff, sales and management
• Basic Math skills needed
• High School Diploma or GED required
What do we offer?
• A comprehensive package including a competitive hourly rate and quarterly gainsharing bonus opportunity
• A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
• 11 Paid Company Holidays, paid vacation time and paid personal/sick time
• A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company match
• The opportunity to work with a knowledgeable, high-achieving and experienced team
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our Team!