Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the extruded plastics industry. Primex operates eight manufacturing facilities in the US, providing custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and design and fabrication services for the plastics industry. Our Color, Compounding and Additives Division is a leader in the manufacture of custom compounds and color concentrates. This Division operates manufacturing facilities in Jasper, TN and Garfield, NJ.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer for our Jasper, TN location (about a 30 minute drive from Chattanooga). This 24/7 facility runs on 3 shifts and has 110 employees. This position, reporting directly to the Operations Manager, will be responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the organization. S/he will also play a critical role in capital expenditure projects, as well as the development of new projects to ensure proper manufacturing efficiencies. In addition, this role will be responsible for the 5S program, production trials, equipment selection, and process audits.
This position will normally work day shift, Monday-Friday, with approximately 20% travel required.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in operation of continuous mixers and twin screw extruders preferred
- 5+ years’ experience with ISO Quality Management
- Demonstrated ability to work within teams in all function areas of an operation to implement continuous improvement processes
- Experience in thermoplastics compounding processes, testing, measurement and process improvements required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills, with knowledge of other MS Office Programs
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary
- A quarterly Gainsharing bonus program where you can earn a bonus of one week’s pay every quarter
- A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, paid vacation and personal time, 11 paid holidays, 2X your annual salary in company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company through Fidelity Investments