Primex Plastics Corporation began in 1965 and is an international leader in the extruded plastics industry. Primex operates eight manufacturing facilities in the US, providing custom plastic sheet extrusion, colorants, compounds, additives and design and fabrication services for the plastics industry.
As a result of an internal promotion, we are seeking a Territory Business/Sales Manager for the territory encompassing Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin, with the majority of the customers being located in the Chicago & Milwaukee areas. The successful candidate must live within the territory, and will report to the Regional Sales Manager.
What you will do:
- Create and sustain effective and collaborative partnerships with new and existing customers to maintain relationships while growing our business
- Identify new target accounts and close new sales opportunities, while continuing to develop and maintain a solid existing account base
- Meet or exceed established sales quotas, while simultaneously increasing customer satisfaction
- Provide professional support and guidance to our customer base
- Continuously seek to actively promote the Company’s products and services
- Partner with the Sales Team to facilitate prompt and efficient quotations, proposals and responses to our customers
What we are looking for:
- An experienced sales professional familiar to the plastics industry is preferred – ideally 5+ years outside industrial sales experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel approximately 30% overnight
- A successful record of obtaining new business
- Excellent computer skills proficiency including Microsoft Office
- A Self-starter who shows enthusiasm for selling, and possesses strong communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- A comprehensive package including a competitive base salary, monthly car allowance and an uncapped Annual Sales Incentive Plan opportunity
- Reimbursement for all of your gasoline purchases
- A full benefits package including three medical plan offerings, an extensive network of providers through United Health Care, a prescription drug plan, dental plan, health and dependent care FSA’s, paid vacation and personal time, 11 paid holidays, company paid life insurance, supplemental life for employee/spouse/dependents, company paid short and long-term disability programs, an educational assistance plan, dependent scholarship program and employee assistance program
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% Company, administered by Fidelity Investments
- The opportunity to work with a knowledgeable, high-achieving and experienced Team
- When not traveling, the ability to work primarily from your remote home office
- Participation in our internal Quarterly Sales Contests