Primex Plastics Releases New Videos
Primex Plastics Corporation, the parent company of Primex Design & Fabrication (PDF) and Primex Color, Compounding & Additives (PCCA), has produced seven new videos to introduce prospective customers to its full line of custom plastics products for manufacturers, logistics and retail. The Primex line includes sheet and roll products, masterbatches and compounds, and fabricated packaging, containers and returnable shipping solutions.
All video programming can be viewed on the Primex Plastics YouTube Channel at Primex Plastics Videos.
Here are the titles and descriptions of each video (click the title to watch the video)
- Primex Plastics Corporation – A short introduction to the expertise and capabilities of Primex Plastics, a leader in production of custom sheet and roll products for thermoforming, printing and fabrication.
- Primex Design & Fabrication – Introduction to PDF. PDF designs and fabricates custom packaging, shipping containers, logistics, storage and point of sale products for a wide range of industries.
- Primex Color, Compounding & Additives – Since 1957, PCCA has been a leading supplier of color and unique masterbatches for the plastics manufacturing industry.
- ULTRAPAC – 360 Series – Primex’s ultra-durable, returnable shipping containers made from Bubble-X™, a high strength coextruded board, available in a range of thicknesses for ultimate product protection.
- Custom Containers & Interior Dunnage – Custom designed and produced containers and protection for critical product protection, using a variety of foam, plastic and laminated materials.
- Automotive Components – Primex offers various interior and exterior components for the automotive industry using Bubble-X™ board, Faraprene™ elastomers and other Primex materials.
- Ship Flat Containers & Displays – These space saving, returnable containers and displays are available in virtually any form factor for specific customer needs.
Primex Color, Compounding & Additives Appoints New Product Manager
Primex Color, Compounding & Additives (PCC&A), a leading supplier of colors, compounds and polymer solutions for plastics processors, is pleased to announce the appointment of David Boudreau to the position of product manager for its colorant operations.
Boudreau has extensive experience in the plastics industry, primarily in the sales of color concentrates, additives and specialty compounds for extrusion, injection and other processes. He will focus on identifying market opportunities for new business throughout the United States and assist the sales team in developing customer solutions. Boudreau will work from his office in Maine. He can be reached at (207) 205-9818.
Prior to joining Primex, Boudreau was an account manager and business development manager for several regional and national color and polymer companies where he grew sales, supervised teams and brought new product categories to market.
According to PCC&A’s Director of Sales and Business Development Paul Cusolito, Boudreau was a natural choice for the position. “I’ve known Dave for many years, and we have crossed paths often. His extensive plastics industry experience and track record of building business will help us extend the Primex brand.”
“I’ve been in the color and compounding industry for over 20 years and have always admired Primex as a leader in the plastics business,” said Boudreau. “The company has a great business model and constantly invests in its people, facilities and customers. I feel I can make a major contribution here as Primex continues to evolve.”
Boudreau lives in Old Orchard Beach, Maine and is a 1995 graduate of Charter University with a BS in Sales and Marketing.
Primex Color & Compounding Opens Customer Solutions Center
Primex Color, Compounding & Additives (PCC&A), formerly O’Neil Color & Compounding, a leading supplier of color and polymer solutions for plastics processors, has opened a customer solutions center at its Jasper, Tenn. facility. The leading-edge design and application development center consists of a high-end color and product design center, conferencing facilities and close proximity to the company’s sampling and testing operations.
“This new resource allows us to work closely with customers during the product development phase in order to recommend the right colors and other characteristics for their end products and quickly produce color chips and molded samples from the exact materials and additives contained in the finished product,” says PCC&A’s Technical Director Anthony Montalvo. “Our researchers, scientists and technicians, with over 100 combined years of color and compounding experience, are close at hand during the brainstorming sessions so we can quickly identify and solve any potential issues.”
The Solutions Center fills a need for creative and problem-solving capabilities. Clients can immerse themselves in branding and product development, assisted by PCC&A’s experts and state-of-the-art equipment, including a full line of testing and analytical equipment and lighting that simulates various daylight and interior conditions. The facility is ISO 9001-2015 certified.
Additionally, the Solutions Center houses PCC&A’s research and development lab that works in concert with customers, providing the capabilities to enhance current products and engineer new material compounds. PCC&A’s Tennessee plant produces a wide range of colorants and additives for customers in food packaging, construction, medical, consumer products and other industries.
With access to high-performance and specialty-engineered materials, PCC&A develops the right custom solution to ensure the success of end-products. Additional support for specialized testing and engineering is provided by the John J. Farber Technology and Innovation Center, an ISO 17025 certified and A2LA (American Association for Laboratory Accreditation) accredited laboratory, which is operated by PCC&A’s parent company, Primex Plastics.
“Between our Solutions Center and the Farber Center, our chemists and engineering staff provide world-class problem solving, reverse engineering and innovative testing, ensuring final processes and production that exceed customer expectations,” says Montalvo.